Good Neighbor League
Modeled after the NAR Good Neighbor Awards, the OBAR Good Neighbor League recognizes individual REALTORS® on the Outer Banks who have made an impact on their community through volunteer work.
Subject: Nomination for the Good Neighbor League
- Nominee Name
- Firm Name
- Charity/Organization Name
- Your name
- Do you wish to remain anonymous? Yes or No
- Your Phone
- Your Email
- In 2-3 sentences, describe how the nominee’s individual efforts have made the community a better place to live:
- In 1-2 sentences, describe the organization/charity’s mission:
- Do you have pictures to include with this nomination? If so, please include them with your email.
Please note: If selected, the Nominee will be contacted at least one week before they are recognized to provide additional information or pictures.
Thank you for nominating an OBAR Good Neighbor!
Good Neighbor League – Eligibility Criteria
- Nominees must be REALTOR® members of OBAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of a local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not office- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place within the past 12 months, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees will be contacted prior to public recognition to provide photographs and supporting information on their charitable work.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another OBAR member or the community organization they served.
- OBAR will recognize Good Neighbors on an ongoing basis and may in April of each year nominate a candidate for the NAR Good Neighbor Award.
- An individual may only be recognized once per 12-month period. Recognition will be scheduled so that the same charity/organization is not recognized twice in a row, though multiple recipients may at once be recognized for individually contributing to an organization or event.
- Though the company name will not be included in our publicity, recognition will be scheduled so that recipients from the same REALTOR® company are not recognized twice in a row.
- Nominations are considered on a rolling basis and may not be recognized in the order they were received. Criteria is subject to change and the determinations of the selection committee are final.
If you have any questions, please contact OBAR at 252-441-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.