According to MLS Director, Dan Sutherland, numbers for February 2019 are looking very impressive. Sold listings (residential & lot/land) and under contract listings were all up from February 2018.
Currituck Mainland had a banner month with statistics showing the number of residential units sold increasing by a whopping 133% when compared to the same time last year. Congratulations!
To view the statistical report in it’s entirety click HERE.
The 2019 Membership survey is here!
The membership survey is our annual opportunity to find out what our members think about our programs and events. It also teaches us how we can better serve our members which is why this survey is so important. This survey will take no more than 11 minutes. Gift cards will be randomly awarded to three lucky members from now until the survey ends on April 12th.
We ask that ALL OBAR members participate in this survey: REALTOR®, Property Managment, Appraisers, & Community Partners.
John Richard Hunter – 10/23/1948 – 3/9/2019
It is with a heavy heart that brings us the news of one of our longtime OBAR members passing.
Kill Devil Hills- John Richard Hunter, age 70, finished his race of life March 9, 2019 at his home in Kill Devil Hills, NC. John was born September 23, 1948 to the late James A. and Elizabeth Stroud Hunter in Rock Hill, SC.
John was a graduate of Rock Hill High School Class of 1966 and a graduate of his beloved University of South Carolina- home of the Gamecocks. Eventually, John founded Hunter’s Appraisal Company and for over 40 years appraised property throughout the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
To View John’s full obituary please click HERE
Charles “Bubba” Brooks – March 6, 2019
It is also with a heavy heart that we have learned of the passing of longtime OBAR Member, Elaine Brooks’s husband “Bubba”.
Poplar Branch – Charles “Bubba” Brooks passed away on the morning of March 6, 2019 at home. He grew up in Norfolk, Virginia, the son of Charles and Stella Brooks. Bubba joined the United States Army when he was 17 years old and was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC in the 82nd Airborne Division. He was a member of Local 79 Iron Workers Union for 50 years.
Locally, Bubba was a member of the Outer Banks Harley Owners Group. He and his wife both enjoyed riding their motorcycles to many events and charity functions. Bubba was a member of Jarvisburg Christian Church in Jarvisburg, NC.
To read the full obituary, please click HERE
With the many events we’ve held over the last few months (CE, GMM, Bowling, PM Hot Topics etc.), our lost & found box here at OBAR is over flowing. We have items including water bottles, a seat cushion, glasses, and even a diamond ring!!
If you have been missing something and think it may have been left at an OBAR event, please free to call us at 252.441.4036 with a description of your missing item.
- April 3 ~ CRS Class: Tax Strategies for the Real Estate Professional ~ Chris Bird ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- April 16 ~ Property Mgmt BICUP w/Saunders ~ Comfort Inn ~ 1:30-5:30P
- April 17 ~ Property Mgmt GENUP w/Saunders ~ Comfort Inn ~ 8:30A-12:30P
- April 17 ~ Technology Elective w/Saunders ~ Comfort Inn ~ 1:30-5:30P
- April 18 ~ GRI Class w/ Saunders ~ Technology & Tools Core Class ~ Comfort Inn ~ 8:30-5:30pm
- May 7 ~ Property Mngnt & Managing Risks Elective with Everette ~ May 7 ~ 1:30P-5:30P
- May 8 ~ GENUP with Everette ~ Comfort Inn ~ 8:30A-12:30P
- May 8 ~ Elective “Buyers with Power” with Everette ~ 1:30-5:30P
- June 5 ~ GENUP w/Black ~ Comfort Inn ~ 8:30A-12:30P
- June 5 ~ Appraisal Elective w/Black ~ Comfort Inn ~ 1:30-5:30P
Current NCREC Continuing Education (CE) Period: July 1, 2018 – June 10, 2019
Current NAR Code of Ethics Training Period: January 1, 2019-December 31, 2020
->Online CE electives including the “Cracking the Code of Ethics” CoE Elective are available July 1, 2018-June 10, 2019 at obar.theceshop.com<-
- March 12 ~ RPAC Committee Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 1:00P
- March 13 ~ Education Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- March 15 ~ C2EX Lunch & Learn w/ YPN ~ OBAR ~ 11:30A
- March 19 ~ MLS Committee Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- March 20 ~ Legislative Committee Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 3:00P
- March 21 ~ GMM ~ Captain Georges ~ 11:30A
- March 27 ~ REALTORFest Committee Mtg ~ 10:00A
- March 28 ~ PM Hot Topic – Corolla Wild Horses ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- April 2 ~ Golf Tournament Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- April 9 ~ BIC Breakfast ~ Mako’s ~ 8:00A
- April 4 ~ Board of Directors Meeting ~ 9:00A
- April 7 ~ Mini Meet-Up: Wellness at the Well ~ The Well ~ 10:00A-12:00P
- April 11 ~ March Madness ~ Sea Dunes Ranch ~ 11:30A
- April 12 ~ YPN Meeting ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- April 23 ~ MLS Committee Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- April 24 ~ REALTORFest Committee Mtg ~ 10:00A
- April 24 ~ Legislative Committee Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 3:00P
- April 25 ~ Finance & Budget Mtg ~ OBAR ~ 9:00A
- May 3 ~ YPN Mini Golf Tournament ~ Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf ~ 3:00P
- May 9 ~ GMM ~ Hatteras ~ 11:30A
- May 31 ~ 30th Annual Golf Tournament ~ Kilmarlic ~ 11:30A
For information on past events, check out the MILEPOST Page.