Are you interested in running for office or serving on a local board in Dare County? Maybe you are interested in learning more about our region from demographics to the challenges of our diverse area? Then now is your chance!
The Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® is happy to announce that we are providing a scholarship for one of our members to attend Leadership OBX. Leadership OBX, a professional development program of the Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce, is now accepting applications for the Class of 2019-2020. The Outer Banks Chamber launched Leadership OBX in 2014 to develop a cohort of business professionals with a greater understanding of the Outer Banks region and a network of individuals ready to serve on boards and in other volunteer leadership roles in the region. It is a great opportunity for any one considering serving on a board or running for office. The primary objective of Leadership OBX is to educate business and organizational professionals about economic, demographic and social resources, as well as the successes and challenges of our diverse area. The Class of 2019-2020 runs from late October 2019 through early May 2020 and includes a welcome reception, retreat (Sunday/Monday), and 10 full-day sessions all scheduled on Wednesdays. Program participants develop life-long friendships and enduring professional connections as well as a deeper understanding of the community we live in.
- To print OBAR’s scholarship application for Leadership OBX 2019/2020 to fill out by hand click HERE. (Please return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For a fillable scholarship application for Leadership OBX 2019/2020 click HERE. (Please download the scholarship application before filling out. Return by email to email@example.com)
- Completed scholarship applications must be received by OBAR at the close of day on Friday, August 23rd, 2019
- Tuition is $500. Tuition includes welcome reception, retreat, meals and program related costs and will be covered by OBAR
- To complete the Leadership OBX program, full participation is expected. Attendance guidelines are as follows: Welcome Reception and 2-Day Retreat are MANDATORY
- 10 full day sessions, approximately once every two-three weeks from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. See class schedule for dates.
- One missed session will be excused; a second missed session will require a make-up assignment. Three missed sessions will result in the participant being dropped from the program with no refund of tuition.
Leadership OBX 2019-2020 Calendar
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 – Scholarship App Due to OBAR
Sun & Mon, Oct 27 & 28, 2019 – Retreat
Wed, Nov 6, 2019 – Public Safety
Wed, Nov 20, 2019 – Economic Dev
Wed, Dec 11, 2019 – Government
Wed, Jan 8, 2020 – Social Issues
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 – Education
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 – Healthcare
Wed, Mar 4, 2020 – Currituck
Wed, Mar 18, 2020 – Environment
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 – Tourism
Wed, Apr 29, 2020 – Hatteras Island
Wed, May 6, 2020 – Graduation