Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® 2019 Strategic Plan
To enhance Public Relations and Deliver Member Value
Advocacy • Be seen as the leading advocate for property managers, sales agents & property owners.
Professional Development • Provide superior value based upon high-quality education.
Community Outreach • Enhance REALTOR® value and visibility through consumer engagement.
Member Value • Demonstrate membership value through relevant services, programs and Professional Standards.
Each Committee, the Leadership, and Staff are charged to:
1) Make plans for each of the 3 priority areas below; and,
2) Share those plans and progress quarterly with the Board.
- Articulate the Value of Working with a REALTOR®
- Promote the Value of a Professional REALTOR® Property Manager
- Highlight Issues of Public Interest (Insurance, Regulations, etc.)
- Publicize our Community Involvement (Fundraisers, Good Neighbors)
- Develop Content for First-Time Second Homebuyers and First-Time Outer Banks Homebuyers, including the “Ask a REALTOR®” feature
- Build up our Public Facing MLS site
- Work with community organizations on issues of mutual concern
Channels include: Video, Press Releases, Articles, Social Media, etc.
- Feature the Value of Designations & Professional Development
- Translate statistics and insights into Infographics
- Engage BICs, Owners, and Managers one-on-one
- Target Outreach Program for disengaged members
- Cultivate Virtual Meetings (Conference Calls & Online)
- Reboot the OBAR brand to boost member engagement
Channels include: Video, Email, Website, Paragon, Office Visits, Post Cards, Mailings, Meetings, etc.
- Venture to diverse locations, provide more opportunities at varied times, and schedule events to compliment each other
- Foster Mentorship Opportunities, both Classroom and Social
- Stage Technology Forums for both Beginners & Advanced
Channels include: Education Classes, Meetings, Hot Topics, Webinars, Videos, Trainings, Articles, etc.
Committee Chairs please consider these objectives at each meeting and report progress quarterly.
Download a .pdf of the 2019 Strategic Plan.