When: September 20, 2018
Where: Comfort Inn on the Ocean (1601 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC)
Why: National REALTOR® Safety Month
Cost: $20/per class for OBAR & AAAR members ($25/per class for Non-Members)
REALTORS® often put themselves in risky situations when they enter empty homes with people they don’t know very well. In an increasingly dangerous world, it is necessary to know how to avoid an attack before it starts and how to defend yourself, should an attack occur. On September 20th, OBAR will host Instructor Dexter Green for two sessions of personal safety training. Read the description for each session, and the instructor biography below. You may choose to attend one session or both sessions.
Situational Awareness Tips & Tricks
8:30a-12:00p | $20 OBAR Members
This course is an essential primer on how real estate professionals can limit risk to preserve safety and facilitate positive business outcomes.
- Home security
- Physical Security
- Automobile Security
- Personal Situation Awareness
- Safety protocol for showing properties and listing appointments
- Concealed carry considerations
Basic Self Defense Tactics
1:30 -4:30p | $20 OBAR Members
- Mental Preparedness
- Understanding physical and instinctual response to threats or attacks
- Do’s & Don’ts of Owning a Fire Arm
- Training with Pepper spray
- Personal Defense Devices
- How to Remove Yourself from an Attacker
About the Instructor:
Dexter is currently a Law Enforcement Officer for the Elizabeth City Police Department, as well as a North Carolina State Department of Justice-Certified Defense Firearms and Self Defense Instructor. Dexter dedicated 20 years of his life to serving in the United States Navy before retiring and joining the police force.
- Login to our Member Database to complete your registration online. (OBAR Members)
- Instructions for online registration can be found by clicking here (YouTube video)
- Register by phone: 252-441-4036 and specify which Dexter Green class(es) you wish to take.