The OUTER BANKS ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is committed to doing all we can to ensure the safety of everyone involved in a real estate transaction.
We are requesting that all REALTORS® (Listing & Buyers Agents, and Property Managers) adopt the following guidelines by taking the “Safe Showing Pledge ” below to protect our community.
- ensure the Listing Agent notifies the Property Management Company of a requested showing with 24+ hour notice including vehicle(s) description.
- limit showing to Agent and 2 buyers.
- ensure ALL parties wear face masks, and agent will wear fresh gloves.
- provide masks to clients that do not have them.
- open doors/operate light switches and not allow buyers to touch anything.
- sanitize with disinfecting wipes any touched surfaces.
- use hand sanitizer before entering, during, and after leaving the home.
- limit inside showing time to 10-15 minutes.
- maintain social distancing, especially with cleaners and maintenance techs.
- discuss property outside instead of inside after showing.
- communicate with Property Management Company that the showing is complete.
Please note: These are suggested guidelines. It is up to the company to determine whether to be less strict, or even stricter. However, OBAR strongly encourages each company to have an official “minimum requirement” for ensuring the safety of all parties during a real estate showing and/or transaction.