As a member of the Outer Banks Association of REALTORS®, you will have access to a variety of benefits at a discounted price. OBAR is your passport to growth, knowledge and professionalism within the real estate industry. We are committed to bringing you the very finest tools and information to help you succeed. Members who become involved find the camaraderie stimulating, the networking educational, and the exposure profitable. The information here allows you to access a variety of tools, services and products to assist you in your professional growth. We wish you the very best as a REALTOR®!
When you’re ready to join, we are happy to assist you in person, on the phone, or through email. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services Director, Karen Pierce at (252) 441-4036 or email@example.com.
The New Member Process:
- Complete Application & MLS Add/Change form, both signed by your Broker-in-Charge. Submit paperwork & payment via credit card or check to: Member Services Director Karen Pierce. Please make checks payable to OBAR.
- Complete the online New Member Ethics (CoE) training to gain MLS access. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for New Member Orientation (NMO) with Karen Pierce. You only have two chances within 75 days. The best time to do this is when you submit your application.
- Complete MLS Orientation Training BEFORE NMO and within 30 days of application. Only two classes are offered per month. Please contact MLS Director Daniel Sutherland to schedule your orientation. If you are in Property Management, you are exempt from this requirement.
- Complete NMO within 75 days of joining OBAR.
- Register & Attend the next scheduled General Membership Meeting (GMM) to be officially inducted into membership
- CONGRATULATIONS! You are officially a REALTOR®. Upon successful completion of steps 1-6, the Board of Directors (BOD) will approve your membership at the first BOD meeting following the GMM.
Download the 2020 Dues & Fees (pdf)
Do I Need to Join OBAR?
*Clarification of the Term “Principal” – The term “principal” as used in the NAR Constitution and Bylaws and in other relevant policies, includes licensed or certified individuals who are sole proprietors, partners in a partnership, officers or majority shareholders of a corporation, or office managers (including branch office managers) acting on behalf of principals of a real estate firm. (Adopted 11/1996)
For further information, please refer to Article IV of the Outer Banks Association of REALTORS® Bylaws about REALTOR® Membership.
Do I Need to Join the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
Determining if you need to apply for Multiple Listing Service (MLS) access can be a bit tricky depending on if you are in Sales, Property Management, a Staff Member, Owner, Primary, or Secondary member. Below is a helpful flow chart that tells you whether you do need to join. If you have questions, please contact MLS Director Dan Sutherland at (252) 441-4036 or email@example.com.